How to Choose a Karate School
(from Facing the Double-Edged Sword; by Webster-Doyle.)
1. Ask the students what they think of the classes.
2. Observe the classes for yourself.
3. Ask the teacher many questions and observe how they respond to your
4. Ask if you can try a class or two.
5. Be aware of the “vibrations” you get from the instructors. Are you afraid?
Do you feel you can trust them? Listen to your feelings.
6. Ask how much lessons cost and what the payment schedule is.
7. Look around at all the options. Don’t feel pressured into taking lessons at
one particular school.
8. Trust what you see and feel. If you take your time, you will find the right
teacher and school. Choose with care.